Founded in 1934 and still owned and managed by the same family, Russ’ Restaurant combines the best of a family-friendly diner with classic comfort food and charm. With 12 family-owned locations, we're continually striving to add great members to our team.
Your role is to exceed our guest’s expectations and you are a key to our restaurant’s success, as you contribute to delivering an excellent experience to our guests every time!
- Must have a proven track record of success with prior restaurant experience, prior management experience is not necessary but is a big plus
- Flexible availability (both day and night shifts required). Average hours per week are between 35 and 45.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Continuously improve and ensure Operational Excellence
- Maintain strict adherence to health & sanitation standards as mandated by training (food safety, proper sanitation, proper food handling & proper storage)
- Manage an average of two nine-hour shifts per week, also working in other important roles within the restaurant such as cooking or serving
OTHER TASKS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Supervising all employees while managing a shift
- Cash/payment handling, greeting and seating guests as needed
- Running food and bussing tables
- Table touching, and addressing any customer concerns
- Daily opening or closing procedures
A SUCCESSFUL RUSS’ ASSISTANT MANAGER:
- Values honesty and integrity
- Leads by example: calm, cool and respectfully in charge of responsibilities at all times
- Has a great attitude and positive energy
- Has excellent communication skills, great at on-your-feet thinking and a sense of urgency at all times
- Is a team player with a “can-do” attitude to deliver 100% guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the team is always displaying a professional attitude
- Ensures overall cleanliness and organization
- Assists and collaborates with GM and Unit manager of location on how to implement strategies to improve overall quality and guest experience
- Prioritizes tasks, moves fast with footsteps and is efficient with time
- Stays well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Is dedicated to continuous learning about products & procedures
- Operates equipment & machinery safely
- Has great manners on the telephone
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A safe, clean, friendly and positive work environment.
- Set Schedule
- Closed on Sundays
- Advancement opportunities.
- Team Member discounts on meals.
- Benefits for qualified full-time Team Members include access to medical, dental, vision insurance and more