Founded in 1934 and still owned and managed by the same family, Russ’ Restaurant combines the best of a family-friendly diner with classic comfort food and charm. With 12 family-owned locations, we're continually striving to add great members to our team.
The quality of our team is our best recipe. It takes more than high-quality ingredients and a hot grill to bring out that warm hospitality that Russ’ is known for. It takes the right kind of person. Someone with an outgoing personality, who treats everyone they meet like an old friend.
If this sounds like you, then we’d like to meet!
The Host team is vital to all aspects of the restaurant through providing great first and last impressions by warmly greeting and seating of guests, fast and efficient taking of payments and saying thank you at the end of a guest’s visit, and generally ensuring that each guest knows how valuable they are to us.
A SUCCESSFUL RUSS’ HOST…
- Values honesty and integrity
- Enjoys interacting with people
- Greets all guests immediately and warmly, with direct eye contact, a big smile and a lot of enthusiasm in their voice and body language
- Navigates guests through the restaurant to their table at *their* pace
- Seats guests according to their preferences & provides silverware, menus & a friendly farewell
- Ensures that the cashier stand is never left unattended
- Efficiently uses the Point of Sale system and handles credit card and cash payments
- Executes bathroom checks every 30 minutes
- Has great manners on the telephone
- Assists servers and bussers in the dining room with table turnover and cleaning as able
- Assists kitchen staff and manager with receiving and monitoring to-go orders
- Is a team player with a “can-do” attitude to deliver 100% guest satisfaction.
- Has self-awareness; able to maintain composure in a busy environment
- Has great on-your-feet thinking
- Works & communicates well with fellow employees & management
- Devoted team player; willing to lend a helping hand or reach out when needed
- Prioritizes tasks, moves fast with footsteps and is efficient with their time
- Stays well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Is dedicated to continuous learning about products & procedures
- Maintains neat workspace & sets fellow employees up for success by completing daily side work
- Motivated to self-identify and complete necessary side-work and other tasks during any available down time
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A safe, clean, friendly and positive work environment.
- Part-time or full-time hours at a competitive rate of pay.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate school, family and life.
- Set Schedule
- Closed on Sundays
- Advancement opportunities.
- Team Member discounts on meals.
- Benefits for qualified full-time Team Members include access to medical, dental, vision insurance and more.